“Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire”
William Butler Yeats
As an educator, I have the privilege of assisting and guiding the formation of our young people; helping them to learn and grow, and preparing them for the challenges and opportunities they will face as they shape our future.
Over the past few years, I have come to better understand and appreciate the ideas, practices, and pedagogy which underpin my innovative, collaborative approach to the teaching and learning process.
I believe every student has the ability to learn from, and within a supportive, creative, and ICT-rich learning environment.
As a teacher, I endeavour to:
- Develop trusting, caring relationships with my students and colleagues based on mutual respect, and a commitment to learning together.
- Adapt my curriculum, pedagogy, and teaching strategies to suit my students’ needs and learning styles.
- Explore innovative ways to integrate ICT to support and transform the teaching and learning process, empowering my students to inquire, explore, and share their learning with the world beyond our classroom walls.
I aspire to empower my students to become socially just, environmentally responsible, and globally aware thinkers, learners, and leaders.
As a lifelong learner and educator, I strive to explore and model these qualities in my own teaching and learning practices.
As a teacher and a learner, I endeavour to:
- Be an active, collaborative, and reflective member of the education community through my participation in global educational networks, professional blogs, and conference presentations.
- Experiment with new ICT tools and devices, exploring and researching their applications in 21st Century learning environments.
- Support and mentor teachers around the world in their innovative use of ICT, with a particular focus on preparing our students to learn, share, connect, and collaborate globally.